Me and My Wife at the End of a Holiday
Turkish Airlines (THY) has a total of 341 aircraft, of which 18 are cargo and 323 are passengers. THY, the company with the largest flight fleet in Turkey, is followed by Pegasus with 93 passenger planes, SunExpress with 58 passenger planes, and Onur Air with 23 passenger planes.
There is a great deal of Domestic and International Flights in Turkey. There are two main hubs in Istanbul where international flights are operating. The first and biggest one is the Istanbul International Airport on the European side of Istanbul. The second one is Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the Asian side of Istanbul. Following these big airports, Izmir Adnan Menderes and Ankara Esenboga airports host some international flights too. There are in total fifty-nine civilian-operated airports in Turkey and nine more are under construction.
Contacts and Names of Airlines Operating in Istanbul Airport
Airlines Originating from Turkey
There are some reputable airlines in Turkey offering quite affordable and frequent flights between Turkish cities. Sometimes it even becomes cheaper to fly than to drive. I strongly recommend the use of domestic flights, especially if you are traveling around central Turkey, around places such as Cappadocia and Konya. I also recommend using domestic flights If you wish to travel around places like Catalhoyuk or any part of Eastern and Southeastern Turkey. The most popular airlines in Turkey are;
COVID-19 and Flights in Turkey
As a result of our meticulous work with national and international health authorities, Turkish airline companies are back with healthier and safer flights. Airline companies started to offer flexible flight dates since your eligibility for flying can be affected during the hard times that we pass through.
Here are some things to consider when you are flying in and out of Turkey;
- First of all, review the measures and practices of the airline you will travel with regarding Covid-19 and complete your necessary preparations before arriving at the airport.
- When buying a ticket, get your HES code from the ”Hayat Eve Sığar” application of the Ministry of Health. (Passengers determined to be risky according to the HES Code will not be allowed on the flight.)
- Remember that you will have a fever measurement at the airport, and if you have a high fever, you will not be taken to the flight.
- Take care to maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters in queues and waiting areas. If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow.
- Note that only passengers can enter the terminal area. Accompanying passengers are allowed to enter the terminal for passengers in need of assistance.